Polish your online presence…!
Nowadays modern job search (and Candidate Search!) is conducted largely online so it’s important that you make a good impression online. Take care to create positive, professional social media profiles. Remove Items if needed….! Facebook and other Social Networks display details of your personal life for all your friends, family members and acquaintances to see. If you have items on your profile that you no longer want up for all to see, you can quickly edit the items directly on your Facebook profile. At all times: Remember that what you post can be seen by everyone, so always use discretion when sharing information over the Internet.
You never know when a potential employer or headhunter might be viewing your information !
- Important: take care to create an impressive LinkedIn profile (and for the DACH countries Xing as well) Your headline should be succinct, like “HR Manager” or ” Software Engineer”..
- Check on your Facebook and Twitter settings
- List your qualifications and experience – but focus on the last 5 years.
- Include (and check) your contact information and a link to your resume.
- List yourself at leading Search companies, like StoopConsultants; send in your CV ! Now !
If you want to be found stand where the seeker seeks – Sidney Lanier